Advertisement

The Afro Poetry Times keeps the African poetry and literary arts conversation alive. Our WhatsApp number is +27780254850

Thursday, August 8, 2024

Mpoomy Ledwaba Unveils Debut Book: "How Did We Get Here"

Mpoomy Ledwaba, the beloved South African star, is set to make her literary debut with a book titled "How Did We Get Here," set to hit shelves in October.  The news, shared with fans via an Instagram post featuring the book's cover, has sparked excitement and anticipation for Ledwaba's journey into the world of authorship.

In her post, Ledwaba reflected on the book's genesis, revealing that the first lines were written almost four years ago.  She admitted to initial self-doubt, fearing she lacked the experience or perspective to contribute to the literary landscape.

"I want to say it wasn't time, but to be honest I feared I had nothing to say….the truth is the idea of being a writer, contributing to libraries, and dare I say an author has been a dream I wouldn't dare utter from the moment I started working at the library at Middelburg Primary school," she wrote.

Despite her initial reservations, Ledwaba embraced her connection to words and stories, ultimately deciding to share her authentic self with the world. "I decided to get naked and let the whole world see me, well, that version of me," she revealed.

While she doesn't promise a fairytale, Ledwaba assures readers that they can expect a raw and relatable journey, filled with truth, laughter, and even the occasional dose of the surreal.  "I don't promise a fairytale, but I promise truth, cringe, laughter, relatability and sometimes far fetched," she wrote.

Ledwaba acknowledges the vulnerability that comes with entering the literary world, comparing it to the nervous anticipation of starting a new school.  "I am scared. Like your first day of school kind of scared… new environment, new uniform, new friends and having to introduce yourself and hope for the best," she admitted.

"How Did We Get Here" promises to be a captivating exploration of Ledwaba's life and experiences, offering a glimpse into her journey, her vulnerabilities, and her unique perspective on the world.  As she embarks on this new chapter, fans eagerly await the chance to connect with her through her words.